Monday, February 22, 2016

Oh how I wonder - guest designer post for Shimelle (YES! SHIMELLE!!!)

You guys, I still can't believe this happened but it did! I had the honor of creating a layout for Shimelle's blog! She is doing a pretty cool concept: every week the focus is on something else, for instance scrapbooking with new and old supplies or journaling or portraits and so on. Then one of her DT members creates a layout for this topic and so does a guest designer. Shimelle invited many guest designers for the whole year and we were allowed to choose a topic we wanted to tackle. Basically, she would like to inspire all types of scrapbookers to create every week! I find this such a fun and neat concept! 

When I saw the list of assignments to choose from I did not even have to go through all, within 2 seconds I saw "monochromatic and that was it! I've been hoarding this striped paper from Shimelle's True Story line for ages, waiting for the right moment, and now it just seemed fitting! I've created this circle cut file from some cars cut files I found at the Silhouette store. Than backed up all circles with different papers: some from the same Shimelle collection, some from my stash. I love using lots of embellies on my pages but here I kept them to a minimum: the wooden buttons and star sticker are from Freckled Fawn, enamel dots and bradz from Simple Stories. I didn't have thickers I quite liked on this layout so I spray painted some white ones with Shimmers Vibez in Deep Blue Seas!

I am sharing a couple of detail shots, please go to www.shimelle.com to check out the full layout!






Thanks for stopping by! X