Friday, August 12, 2016

Sandy toes and salty kisses - DT layout for The Cut Shoppe


Hi guys,

I am up on The Cut Shoppe blog today with a new layout!

My most favourite photos to scrap are our summer photos so I was going through some folders and picked a really old one of my boyfriend (and me! can you find me?!) from before our son was born. I love this photo! Of course it was taken in our most favourite places in the whole wide word, Barcelona, Spain! We haven't been there in two years so I guess that's the reason I am scrapping these photos! By the time you read this post however, we will be in Barcelona lying on the beach hopefully yay :).


I really wanted to use this super cool new cut file, Sketchy Scallops, but didn't want to back it with patterned papers like I normally do, I just wanted to use it as a layer in the background. I also wanted to use a big summer related title, for which I chose the Open Letter Alpha that I stretched so the letters are taller and welded the letters together. Mainly because I'm lazy and didn't want to back every single letter separately, ha! I then backed these with a variety of paper scraps from my stash. My background paper is from the Crate Paper Poolside collection if I'm not mistaken. It was one of my favourite papers last summer so I still have several sheets :).





Since the cut files add plenty of interest to the page, I didn't really want to add an awful lot of embellishments. However, I still HAD TO add some because well...I cannot do without ha! I found an old travel themed chipboard sheet from Crate Paper which I barely used and picked out a frame and some smaller pieces to add next to my photo. I love the colors of these chipboards and they went with my papers perfectly I think!





I hope I could inspire you in one way or the other! Get your die cutting machines out and get cutting! Enjoy your summer guys! See you soon X