Monday, May 8, 2017

This sweet face - DT layout for The Cut Shoppe

Hi there scrappy peeps,

I'm back today with a new layout for The Cut Shoppe. You might have heard already that there will not be a TCS DT after July so I only have 4 more layouts (including this one) to share with you as part of The Cut Shoppe Design Team. I'll admit this makes me very sad... Thank you Ashley for having me this past year, I've really enjoyed it!

For today's layout I picked one of the more recent cut files, the Spiral Scallop. I love circles and I love scallops so this was a no brainer!


I decided to use the cut file in two ways: as a stitching template and as a normal cut file.


I used my sketch pen on my Cameo to draw the lines of 4 circles that I arranged the way I wanted them in my Studio program. I then pierced  holes along the lines. You can use the perforate option in the Studio program to do this for you, but I prefer to do it by hand.


I used different color embroidery floss for each circle, all matching the collection I chose to work with: Oh my heart from Paige Evans / Pink Paislee. The smaller circles were a nightmare to stitch to be honest! The lines were so close and I broke my smallest needle a while back so I had to use a bigger one which didn't make my life easier. Or the paper prettier!


I added patterned papers and a photo in the middle of the circles, then embellished them with stickers, ephemera pieces, chipboard stickers, charms, puffy stickers...Then I moved onto the next section of my layout, the die cut scallops.



I printed 4 different sized scallops and apart from the biggest one, I backed them all with patterned papers. Then I just layered them on top of each other, using foam tape between each layer. There's no reason for my doing this, other than I really love layers!



I mixed and matched some thickers and alpha stickers for my title and wrote my journaling along the biggest circle. 


I splattered some bronze ink around my page then I was done!

Hope you like my project and I could inspire you in some small way! See you soon!

X