Friday, August 18, 2017

Yee-Haw - DT layour for Just Nick

Hey there friends,

I'm back with you today sharing a new layout I created for Just Nick.

As I was browsing the cut files, I came across the Star Background 5 cut file that reminded me of the Texas star.

https://justnick.myshopify.com/collections/all/products/star-background-6

Since we were on holiday in Texas, I knew I'd have plenty of photos I can use with this. I chose one I took in Fort Worth where we went to see the cattle drive and the Cowboy Museum Hall of Fame. Which is when my kid decided he absolutely needed to be a cowboy ha! So we bought a hat and a bandana which is what he is showing off here.


I went through my stash and picked out a few old papers and embellishments from various Fancy Pants Designs collections: Everyday Circus, Nautical and Making Waves, because these collection have red and navy in them. I used textured white card stock for my cut file and backed it randomly with patterned paper.
For my title I used pre-cut alphas from Fancy Pants, adhered them to white cardstock and fussy cut out with a small white border. I did this for two reasons, this makes them sturdier and also, they stand out more from the background.


I layered some tissue paper and project life cards behind my photo and also added a couple of ephemera pieces on my photo. Some are older stash items, a couple are from the new Fancy Pants' Dream Big collection.


I also wanted to add the little clip we got at the information office in Fort Worth. I cut off the pin in the back because I couldn't have laid down the layout flat otherwise, then just adhered it to my photo.


To finish off my layout I added a couple of buttons in matching colors and splattered some navy spray ink around the page.


I hope I could inspire you in some way today!
Thanks for stopping by!

X