Saturday, September 9, 2017

Keep it Real - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hi there,

I'm back with a new layout I created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette DT. 


I chose the Flower Background cut file for this. I also used a heart from Hearts in Heart.

I like to manipulate cut files so that I can use them different ways. I made a video showing how I created this particular file. I'm sure there's easier ways to do this, but I'm no pro by any means and this is how I know how to do it. I hope it helps. 


I cut my file from textured white card stock, then backed the flowers with different patterned papers. I chose as many as I had flowers then went from white(ish) through pinks, yellows, mints and blues, if that makes sense. Then I added foam adhesive to the heart so that it pops off the page.


I also cut some flowers in a smaller size and did not back these. I just wanted to add a few on top of the background flowers to create some dimension and an airy feel.

I went through my huge stash of enamel dots and matched them to my papers. I added one to each flower to create centers.


Then I searched for a ready made title because whatever title I came up with related to my photo just didn't look right. I do prefer creating my own titles but since I prefer short, one word titles, it gets boring pretty fast :). I found this white foam phrase in the Take Me Away collection that said Keepin' it Real. Eventually I had to shorten it because I had no space. I love the shiny pearl finish on these phrases!


I often add a strip of paper somewhere along the edges, bottom, top or side. I just like a pop of color or some contrast to the rest of the layout. I actually wanted to go with the grey patterned paper from the Turn the Page collection for background but to my horror I did not have any left. So I had to resort to a light grey card stock and this didn't give me the pattern mix I always go for. Hence the paper scraps at the bottom.


To finish off my layout I added a little tab with my date, tucked a tag behind my photo and wrote up my journaling. That's all folks! :)

I hope you like my layout and are inspired to get crafty!
Thanks for stopping by!
X

Zsoka

SUPPLIES: Turn the Page collection: various papers from the 2x2 and 6x6 pads and also different 12x12 papers; journaling spots. Take me Away collection: Foam phrases