Saturday, May 19, 2018

Adventure - DT layout for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hey there,

I'm back with a layout today that I've created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette design team.
 
Unless you've been hiding under a rock I'm sure by now you know that Paige has a Facebook group called Happy Scrappy Place! She posts a free cut file in this group every week, and on today's page I've used one of these. I can always use big titles!

I thought the big letters have enough space for photos, so I've added two behind the D and U. But first things first! I duplicated the cut file and from one I removed most of the inner pieces, only leaving the outline and a couple of other pieces that create the outline of certain letters, if that makes sense. (For instance the triangular shape between the D, V and T? You need to keep that cut line.)


I then cut this piece from textured white card stock. Now for the other cut file. I wanted to cut each letter from different patterned papers. This takes a bit of time and workaround. Since the letters are welded, theres no way to separate them properly. What I do in these cases (first of all create a lot of copies of the cut file I am working with, to make sure I have the same size letters), I erase everything around the shape, but keeping whatever I can that makes up the form, even if it's not a continuous line. It will still help me determine where I should cut with my scissors. So for instance, I would not have all the cut lines for the bottom and the right side of the A. I cut whatever is left of the A and remove the paper from the mat. Then I draw in the lines and cut them with scissors or a craft knife. It's not as complicated as it sounds I promise! Anyway, this is what I did with each letter. I've used the beautiful Oh My Heart collection for this layout by the way :).


Once I had all the letters, I added foam adhesive behind them and attached them to the white background piece. After I glued down the photos that is. I glued the whole title on my background paper. I love this paper and I don't think I've used it yet!

While this layout is about my boys, I felt the need to add flowers. They don't mind! They don't even look at my pages, so...I do what I want ha! Plus they are outdoors right?!


So I fussy cut out some flowers from a couple of patterned papers and created several clusters around the letters. I've tucked some behind the letters, and placed some on the letters, using different kinds of adhesives, to create interest and dimension.


A couple more embellies, chipboard, phrase stickers, Take Me Away clip, journaling, date and done!


I hope you like how this turned out!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!

X

SUPPLIES: Oh My Heart collection: thickersPaper 05, Paper 12, Paper 13, Paper 17, Paper 22