Sunday, November 1, 2020

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - November 2020

Hi there crafty peeps,


It's that time again! The Spellbinders November Club Kits are here! This month, it's all about Christmas so that you can start your holiday projects in time! I hope you like what I have in store for you today!

As a reminder, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:

You can find all necessary information about these kits here. 

Let me start with the Large Die Kit. You'll get three stitching dies: a Christmas tree, a snowflake and a border, plus their outlines. This way you can create two different looks - I used the outline to create embellishments from the die cuts, but you could die cut these shapes directly into your card front and stitch there. I didn't even think of doing this, but I saw some cards with this technique and they were gorgeous!








I've actually made a process video for these 3 cards, so if you're interested in how I made them, please watch it. Just be gentle, I'm still learning the ropes hehe!

I don't have a video for the cards I've made with the Small Die Kit, so I'll explain how I've made them. First, I die cut every little piece from patterned papers and color card stock. I then put everything together so I could think about a card design.


I decided to go with slimline cards so I had enough space to put a snowman, a tree and the North Pole sign, all on one card. I made two different ones because the two snowmen wouldn't have fit onto one card, at least not in a way I would have liked.


As always, you'll find some inspiration in your Kit box, which is super helpful in figuring out which dies belong together - there's lots of small pieces! 


Once I was done with die cutting and gluing pieces together, it went quite fast. I created two 8.5x3.5" card bases, then I added some patterned paper backgrounds (papers are from the Pinkfresh Studio Oh Joy collection). 


I just hand cut my snow banks because I don't have any dies but if you do, by all means, use the dies. They create a nicer finish for sure. On the second card, I distressed the edges for added dimension and texture, then I glued everything else down. 


To finish off both cards, I added foiled sentiments, which I've created with the Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Glimmer Hot Plates and Crimson Stars Glimmer Hot Foil roll. I love this red foil for Christmas projects! I used foam tape to adhere the sentiments.

That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

X