Friday, October 8, 2021

Beach Day - DT Layout for Paige Evans

Hi there friends,

I'm back with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team! Obviously I've used the beautiful new Bungalow Lane collection! I was so drawn to the scallop paper - it's a design that Paige had in previous collections as well, and I've always loved creating different layout designs with it. I have made a similar one to today's page before, I believe it was with the Whimsical collection!


I started out by cutting the scallop paper from the 12x12" pad into strips, then using a 1" circle punch, I punched out my semi-circles. I then sorted them by color and started building my scallops in a rainbow order. Or rather, from lightest to darkest colors, using the same color per line.


I adhered these to my white background, just lightly, because I knew I was going to add some machine stitching over them. I didn't use a ruler or anything, just eyeballed the placement. I don't mind if it's a bit crooked!


Next, I figured out how I want the rest of my layout to look: where to place my title and photos. Once I was settled on the design, I glued everything down. I layered some tissue papers and ephemera pieces behind my photos and added a chipboard frame on top of the photo on the right. 


Using a piece of twine, I hung the One Fine Day chipboard tag onto my frame before attaching it to my photo. Then I went through the embellishments and pulled out a few things I thought would work: a few stickers, phrase thickers, leaf embellishments. I glued these down, stamped my date onto a sticker label and added my journaling. Finally, I bent up the scallops a little bit, to give them a bit of dimension. Because dimension is everything!


Here's the process video, if you want to see how this layout came together:


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have an awesome day!

X