Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Heart Day - DT project for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi everyone,

Happy heart day! I hope all of you get to spend some time with your loved ones!

Today I have a home deco project to share with you.

I used the wonderful Sweet Nothings collection for this one, of course! I realized I haven't used the Fancy Pants clipboards yet, so I thought this would be the perfect occassion for it.

I decided to just cover it all with patterned paper instead of clipping things to it. I used my ATG to do this so actually it's all easily removable, should I want to create a different design in the future.

With this new clipboard it's really easy to cover everything, because you can remove the clip! You only need a screwdriver. That's pretty clever isn't it?


I wanted to use a lot of different patterned papers, because, well, I love patterned papers! I also love rolled flowers, so that's what I did: used many different papers for my rolled flowers! I made sure I had every color from the collection, yellow, pink, grey, black and white. I used my Cameo to cut these (the cut files I bought at the Silhouette Design Store, just search for 3d or rolled flowers), but you could cut some by hand too if you don't have a diecutting machine. It will just take time.



Since it's Valentine's Day, I arranged the flowers in a heart shape and with my hot glue gun I adhered them to the background. I glued this cute post stamp from the ephemera pack on top of the flowers.



I used the puffy alpha stickers from the collection to create the sentiment, which is Happy Heart Day. I only needed to add Happy and Day since my flower heart served as part of the sentiment.


Because I just love tags, I tucked one under the striped paper at the right bottom and added my letters on top of this. To finish it off I created three heart clusters using the super cute puffy heart stickers.



It's a simple project and it's also fairly quick, only the flowers take a bit of time. They are worth every minute though, they always turn out gorgeous!

I hope you can use this idea for a project! Thanks for stopping by today!

X

Zsoka