Friday, February 3, 2017

Lovely Day - Guest DT layout and cards for Clique Kits

Hi there scrappy friends,

I'm popping in to show you a new layout and a set of cards I created with the gorgeous Clique Kits February kit, Bee You!

Brace yourselves for a million photos :).


This layout was inspired by my good friend Enza's stunning Pink Paislee layout where she did a circle of butterflies. 

I started out by painting a circle, using 6 different shades of blue water colors. I then rubbed in some gold flakes here and there. I love the look, even if I covered up most of it :). You can still see it peeking out!

I cut out my circle and adhered it on top of my polka dot background. I then fussy cut out ALL the butterflies from the 1Canoe2 paper. This took a while...But I love them! Look at those colors!


I arranged the butterflies around my painted circle and left an opening on the right side for my title. I then glued them down.


I kept the rest of the layout very simple. I only added some tissue paper and a tag behind my photo and a diecut and a cork shape on my photo. Journaling and date stamp and done! Simple, but I love how it turned out! 





I had so many butterflies left and I didn't want to throw them away, so I created some cards and used them up. I just love butterflies!


For the card with the big heart I created a cut file, using a heart from The Cut Shoppe. Below you can see a detail shot. It's a foldable card that you can close with some twine. I once got a similar card from Maxim that they made at the Hungarian kindergarten where he used to go when he was smaller. I really loved it and thought it was such a neat idea!


The other two cards are just on a simple 6x4" white cardstock base. I used scraps for these two, plus some pieces of ephemera and an acrylic piece. For the life of me I could not figure out what YOU DO YOU means, this is the best I could come up with :D.








And here is the fab kit that you can get at the Clique Kits store:

I hope I could inspire you today! Thanks for stopping by X