Monday, April 23, 2018

Dreamer

Hey there crafty friends,

Today I'm back with a new layout I've created for the Just Nick Design Team.

This week we are focusing backgrounds and I've picked a gorgeous one that I don't think I've used before. Not that I can remember anyway! It's called Crazy Daisy background 2 and you can buy it here


I went with the beautiful Let Your Heart Decide collection from Pinkfresh Studio on this layout. I cut the cut file from white textured card stock and backed each flower the same way, using a different patterned paper for each petal.


I then adhered this onto the background paper I chose. Guys, I generally don't like red. Sure, I love red lipstick, red pumps and purses, accessories etc, but when it comes to paper crafting for instance, it's the last thing I would pick. Unless it's in a rainbow. But this paper is so awesome, it has a texture printed on it, almost like a knit. Then I love the gradient look from dark to light. Plus I just liked the way the cut file looked on it. Hence, red background paper!


When I use a full background cut file that I back with patterned paper, I usually don't embellish much. I created a cluster with the photo: I added some tissue paper behind the photo, a die cut frame on top as well as some other die cuts on two sides. 



For my title I also used a die cut from the ephemera pack which I popped up using foam adhesive.


I wrote my journaling on a sticker and created a small cluster at the right bottom. Then done! I don't like to cover up backgrounds like this, I spend way too much time on backing it for that!


I hope you like today's inspiration and give this look a try!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a fabulous week!

X