Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Indigo Hills 2 Card Inspirations - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hi there friends,

I hope you are enjoying your well deserved Christmas holidays with your loved ones! 

As Christmas is pretty much over, I've prepared less seasonal cards for you! I've paired some stamps and dies with the Indigo Hills 2 collection. My main inspiration was the beautiful watercolor foliage in the collection; I've pulled the colors from those images.

OK, let's see what I've come up with.


As you can see, I love purple haha! You can see the watercolor foliage I was talking about above on my first card, all those lovely colors peeking through from under the die cuts. 

All three cards are on an A2 size top folding card base. For the first one I cut a 4.5x5.25" piece of purple patterned paper from the Indigo Hills 2 collection. I then die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves from purple/aubergine and light gray patterned papers. I've used the lovely Dainty Blossoms die set. I then arranged them in a semi circle, and and marked where I wanted to have my sentiment. I white embossed it (this sentiment is part of the My Favorite Things to Say stamp set, which is probably one  of the most favorite sets of the Design Team)! I need more of these sets because I hate having to look for sentiments in hundreds of stamp sets, ha!


I adhered the purple panel to my card base and glued down the die cuts. I added some ink splatters in navy and plum as well as some dark blue enamel dots.


For my next card I stamped the images from the Lush Greenery stamp set on watercolor paper, using black ink. I then selected a bunch of watercolors that I felt matched the Indigo Hills 2 colors. I didn't use a whole lot of water, so these colors are more saturated and vivid. I do like both looks! Once done, I die cut the two images and placed them on my card base, using foam tape. 


I die cut With Love using the Do All Things With Love die set and glued it down in the middle. I added a few enamel dots around the greenery as well as paint splatters.


For my third card I cut a 4.25x5.5" piece of ombre purple patterned paper and a slightly smaller light gray one, then layered them onto my card base. Using the Inked Florals die set, I die cut all shapes from white card stock. I normally die cut after stamping but these images florals you have to build up and without the help of an outline, I can't figure some of them out to save my life haha! I stamped all images from the Inked Florals stamp set in black ink. I stamped the blooms with inks that matched my other 2 cards, and used watercolors to add color to some smaller leaves and flowers.


I played around with placement a little bit and eventually settled on this one. I stamped the sentiment from the My Favorite Things to Say stamp set in lavender color. I then glued down all the stamped images using liquid glue. The last, biggest piece, I added on foam dots to create some dimension. Last but not least I placed some enamel dots here and there. As you can see, enamel dots are one of my favorite embellishments. Usually without them I feel like my project is not finished. It's a good thing that I have about 12 Indigo Hills 2 kits remaining from a class, so I can steal the enamel dots from them haha.


That's it guys! I hope I could inspire you with my cards today! I love these colors, they make me happy!

Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

X