Thursday, January 30, 2020

Love - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hello there crafty peeps,

I'm stopping by to share a new layout I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team. 

I've used the wonderful Take me Away collection again. As far as I remember, I've never made a layout with this gorgeous, steel blue, floral paper before, so I wanted this to be my focal point. Unfortunately I didn't have a full 12x12 sheet so I had to come up with some solution to fill up my page!


Eventually I decided to adhere the blue paper onto this cross stitch patterned paper. To play off that design, I added a few cross stitches using white embroidery floss.


I modified Paige's Cross Stitch Heart cut file (Design ID: 242188) in that I moved the single crosses closer together and welded them. I then cut it from textured white card stock. I glued it down in the middle of my page.


For my title I decided to use a stunning die from Spellbinders (it's actually the January 2020 Small die of the month kit). I cut the base from white card stock, then the letters and flowers from a bunch of patterned papers in 4 colors. I used foam tape to attach the letters to the base, to create a dimensional piece.


I layered white tissue paper behind my photo and tucked in some die cut from the ephemera pack as well. I barely have any embellies left from this collection unfortunately :(. But I managed to add a few chipboard hearts, a couple of chipboard leaves and a suede bow. Last but not least I added my journaling and date using a white gel pen.


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in one way or another!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have an awesome day!

X