Wednesday, July 1, 2020

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - July 2020

Hi there crafty peeps,

It's that time again! The Spellbinders July Club Kits are here! Are you guys excited?! The kits are really great this month!

I've been really busy these past few months, I've just launched my own web shop (if you're interested, you can check it out here:
Anyway, my shop was the inspiration behind today's cards, because it's all about rainbows :)

As a reminder, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
You can find all necessary information about these kits here.

Let's see the Large Die Kit first. It's a really great tall, skinny alphabet die set that you can use for sooo many things! I was super happy about it because I love alpha dies and I don't have skinny ones yet! You also get a variety of little leaves and blooms!


To create this background, I actually used some of the dies from the Small Die Kit. I die cut the flowers multiple times from white card stock and adhered them onto a light gray A2 size panel, then trimmed them off. I cut thin strips of nine different color card stocks and glued them onto a piece of white card stock. I then die cut my letters from this panel and glued them on my card front.


I went through my enamel dot stash, pulled out some that matched my colors and placed them on my card.


For my second card I created two rainbow panels and using foam adhesive, I glued them onto my card base. I die cut my letters from white card stock 3 or 4 times, stacked them up and glued them onto the rainbow panels. 


Last but not least, I added some foliage and enamel dots. 


As for the Small Die Kit...more rainbows!


You'll get 2 bigger flowers, a bunch of tiny ones as well as the geometric shape I created my background with. I actually die cut this twice and lined them up on an A2 size panel, to form this oval shape. The die only creates half of this shape. 


Then, I die cut the flowers from white as well as yellow, orange, red, green, light and royal blue card stock. I glued these die cuts on white card stock and fussy cut them out - I did this so I could piece the colorful die cuts back into place. Once done, I glued the flowers into opposite corners on the card front, using foam tape for two of them, to create dimension. I die cut a few little flowers from other colors of the rainbow and added them too. For my sentiment I used the alpha dies from the Large Die Kit.


For my last card today I die cut loads of little flowers! I will admit, this took awhile because I believe there's only 4 dies in the set and 3 of them are the same size - and I wanted to mix up the sizes. So, lots of die cutting is what I'm saying :D You could arrange them in so many ways! I actually planned to create a rainbow with them, but there was only space for 3 colors and I wanted to use more.


Once each flower was attached, I die cut my sentiment from white card stock, again, 3 or 4 times, stacked up the letters, glued them together, then adhered them to my card front. Some twine finishes off this simple card!


That's it! I hope you guys like these cards and I could give you some ideas you can use with other dies too!

See you next month!

Happy crafting!

X