Monday, January 29, 2018

Capture - DT layout for Just Nick

Hi there friends,

I'm back today with a new layout for Just Nick!
I've picked a cut file I've worked with several times before, but I just love it so much: the Lotus Lace.


Here's my finished layout:


There's really no reason why I picked this cut file and used this collection, other than I love them and I felt like it at the time! I haven't used Maggie Holmes Gather in a long time and I try to bust out older collections for my Just Nick projects. The blues and yellows in this collection are just my favorite! So I can't wait to get my hands on the blue papers in Maggie's new line!




I backed each flower the same way, because it's a busy background anyway. For background I chose a paper with blue pattern too to tone it all down a notch.


Since I had spent quite some time on the background, I was not going to cover it all up with photos and embellies! I just created one cluster and kept everything there, photos, title, journaling, embellishments.


I added a few layers of patterned papers, tags, tissue paper behind my photos to help them stand out from the background. I then went through my embellishments and checked what fits. I might have used some from other Maggie Holmes collections too, because I don't have much left of Gather.


I picked out some chipboards, buttons, die cut pieces and arranged them around my photos. The journaling I wrote on a label sticker, I think this is from Chasing Dreams.


To finish off my page, I added some enamel dots and stamped my date!

That's it for today folks! Hope you like how this turned out!

XOXO