Friday, January 5, 2018

Sweet - DT layout for Just Nick

Hi there friends,

I'm back today with a new layout for Just Nick! I'm happy to be doing layouts because I've been working on some other projects for awhile and was missing layouts!

I've used the beautiful Henna Heart cut file on this one. I was thinking Valentine's day is coming soon so a heart layout would be a good choice. I adore this cut file! I love the non-traditional heart shape and all the flowers!



I used a mixture of Maggie Holmes' Gather and Chasing dreams collection with a bit of My Mind's Eye On Trend 2.


I started out by designing my layout in Silhouette Studio, then cut my partial hearts from textured white card stock.


I chose some patterned papers that I thought had looked good together and started backing my cut files. I adhered them to the background, except for the bottom one. There I tuck my photo behind the heart first, put 3d foam adhesive on the left side of the heart and then I glued it all down. I also layered some tags, die cuts and tissue paper behind the photo.


Once done, I went through all the embellies in these collections and picked out the ones I thought were a good fit: stickers, chipboards, tags, buttons and diecuts! The beautiful gold mirrored piece I used for my title is from My Mind's Eye. I wrote my journaling on one of the die cuts and stamped the date using a roller stamp.


I hope you like today's inspiration.
Thank you for stopping by!

Till next time,

X