Thursday, February 27, 2020

Creative World - DT layout for Alexandra Renke

Hello there crafty friends,

Today I'm stopping by to share a new layout I've created for the Alexandra Renke Design Team!

We had Creative World (for those of you who are not familiar with it, it's like Creativation just here in Europe. Apparently it's also much larger, it's really impossible to check everything even in 5 days if you ask me...) a month ago and since I had a few friends working the show, my boys and I came over to meet up with them! I also met a few people I haven't met before, Alexandra and a few of her DT girls, like Jana Maiwald-McCarthy! Since she took a couple of pictures, I decided to scrap one with some of Alexandra's beautiful papers!


I've made this type of layout a few times before, also cards (in fact I have one coming up in the next days), but I don't think I will ever get tired of it! I love the dimension and texture, and the fact that you can show off many different papers at the same time. 

I've used the following papers:
The white card stock I'm always using:



I first made a template from a 12x12 heavy weight card stock, cut it apart, then drew each piece on patterned papers. This way I knew exactly what shape to cut from which paper. Then I glued them on a 12x12 white card stock. I only added glue in the middle of each shape, so I could bend up the edges later. I also stitched them down in the middle.


I die cut my title using the following alphabet die sets:

I die cut each letter 4 times and layered them up. I also die cut this floral shape I used as a journaling spot twice:
I added some tissue paper behind my photo (when you get a package from Alexandra, everything is packed into white tissue paper, which I always keep and use for matting my photos!), I tucked in a couple of tabs and wrapped some twine around it too. I hung two tassels that I made from the same papers as well as a butterfly charm (from a Paige Evans collection) from the twine, then I adhered all this to my background.



I wrote my journaling on the oval die cut shape, arranged this and the title on my background and once I was happy with the way they looked, I glued them down.

A few enamel dots finish off this layout. And on that note, have you seen all the new enamel dots Alexandra has in her shop?! Check them out, you need them all hehe!

That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in one way or another!
Happy crafting!

X