Thursday, February 20, 2020

Heights - DT layout for Alexandra Renke

Hi there friends,

Today I'm sharing my first official layout for the Alexandra Renke International Design Team! I'm so excited to be joining this amazing group of ladies!


On today's layout I decided to use the following two die sets (they happen to be my favorites hehe):
All these dies are relatively small in size so they were perfect to use with the 12x12" paper that has all these small sections with different designs. Unfortunately it seems this particular paper is not available right now, but here is the 6x6 pad with the same colors and designs!
These 6x6 papers are also available in the US, at Simon Stays Stamp! Great news, right?!



For my background I chose the subtle yellow striped paper from the Mimi's Stripes collection (it's more like a beige color actually):

You might have seen me use this paper in various colors, because I love it so much, it's so versatile!


I die cut loads of hexagons in both sizes - for this project I didn't use the outline part, but I did save those cuts for future projects. No wasting paper lol! I also die cut several flowers and shaped them a bit with my hands to create a more organic look.

I arranged my hexagons the way I liked them, then glued them down. I added foam tape to some of them for a bit of dimension. I also adhered the flowers, in a tone-on-tone look. 


I stamped a few sentiments in black, to add contrast. These sentiments come from the following stamp set:
Finally I glued down my photo, which I also printed in a hexagon shape, using foam tape. For my title I used the below alpha dies:
I've used these dies so many times before, because they are small and skinny and perfect for titles and sentiments alike!

I added my journaling and stamped the date and done! Oh, I also splattered some ink around my page in a plum color. That's it!



What do you think? I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have an awesome day!

X