Thursday, February 18, 2021

Big Day - DT Layout for Paige Evans

Hi there crafters,

I'm back today with a new layout to share, that I created for the Paige Evans Design Team. 

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend was feeling generous and got me some presents! One of them was the We R Memory Keepers Button Press, which I've been wanting since I first saw a demo with it. Obviously, I had to try it right away! So, as soon as it arrived, Maxim and I unpacked it, and tested it out. So much fun! I decided to make a layout primarily with buttons. I saw Angi use a photo to create a button with her Button Press, which inspired me. I based my idea on a layout I made some years ago, where I cut up a whole 12x12 patterned paper that was a big image, into circles and kind of pieced it all back together like a puzzle. Except here I did it on a smaller scale, I used a smaller photo (slightly smaller than 4x6") with the same technique. It would have been cool to use a 12x12 photo and cover the whole layout with buttons but I didn't have so many large buttons, plus it would be a pretty expensive layout, if you know what I mean. Maybe one day!


I chose a recent photo of Maxim, that I took when he came out of the orthodontist's practice, showing off his braces! I was not allowed to go in with him, due to Covid-19 regulations, so this was the first time I saw it! I went with a blue-yellow color scheme, since he is wearing these colors in the photo. This color combo is not my favorite when it comes to arts - I like it on kids, yellow jacket with blue jeans etc. But not in crafting or arts. Weird huh? Anyway, I thought it would be easy since Paige's collections always have these colors. I ended up using a mixture of the Go the Scenic Route, Horizon, Truly Grateful and Pick Me Up collections.


I first selected my patterned papers, then created my buttons. At the end of this post you'll find a process video - if you're interested in how I made the buttons! It's pretty simple, once you figure it out! Oh, I also used that smiley button with the braces, that Maxim got at the orthodontist's - I thought it would be fun to add this keepsake to the layout! Otherwise it would have ended up in the trash at some point, I'm sure.


I also created a button with the journaling - for this I wrote my text onto a ledger patterned paper, then I turned it into a button. I arranged everything on my layout and added a few embellishments: chipboard hearts and circles, enamel and puffy sticker shapes, a few card stock stickers. I also used a die cut tag at the top and created two more from patterned papers. I made a label for my date, as well. For my title, I mixed and matched some alphas from various collections, and I love how that looks! It's great that I managed to find the right shade of yellow embellies for this project, it's not always an easy task!


To finish off my layout, I added two strips of patterned paper at the bottom, in coordinating colors. That's it! Super simple and quick, but I hope I could inspire you in some small way! As promised, here's the process video too:


Thank you very much for stopping by today!
Have a wonderful day!

X



Horizon collection: Paper 5