Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Love - DT Layout for Paige Evans

Hi there crafters,

I'm back today with a new layout I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team! 

I first picked the colors I wanted to work with, purple, orange and pink - one of my all time favorite color combos! The beautiful Wonders collection has all these colors, so I didn't even need to mix and match collections.


I then went through Paige's cut files - I usually don't have an idea what kind of cut file I'm looking for, unless I have a specific photo or theme in mind - I mostly just pick one that catches my eye in that moment. The cut file I chose for today's page is:
I cut the file from white card stock (I use Alexandra Renke card stock). I decided to cut a few of the hearts off, because I didn't want the entire background to be covered. First, I traced the 3 letters and fussy cut them out from a purple patterned paper. I glued them on top of the white fall out pieces to make them sturdier, because I knew I was going to add them to the page with foam tape later. I traced the heart onto my photo - for this I used my Sizzix Die Pick tool (I think that's what it's called, I just call it "my pokey tool" haha), to just scratch the surface of the photo, instead of marking it with a pen. I fussy cut the heart out.

I then started backing the hearts. This didn't take very long because these are simple shapes and there aren't too many of them!


Once done, I glued down the cut file onto the background and added the letters and photo on foam tape as well.


This is where it always gets a bit hard, because I never plan with embellishments, so I never know if there's any that match my colors or theme etc. I'm not big on planning, what can I say! But luckily, I found a few I could use: some floral die cuts, chipboard hearts and butterfly/dragonfly and a few sentiment stickers. I scattered these around my page, then all I had left to do was to write my journaling and add my date (for which I used a die cut label). I was worried the white pen wouldn't be visible on this light purple background, but I really didn't want to use any other color (maybe purple, but I don't have a purple pen), so I just went with it. Thankfully, it turned out fine!


That's it for today! I also have a process video on my YouTube channel if you're interested.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

X