Friday, November 26, 2021

Oh What a Day! - DT Layout for Paige Evans

Hello there crafty friends,

I have a new layout to share with you today, that I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team! I've worked with the beautiful Bungalow Lane collection on this page.


Now that it gets dark so early, I seem to like to sit down with Netflix/Prime and just stitch away more than any other time of the year. So I was in need of a stitching project! Now you must be asking yourselves "Huh? What is she talking about? There is no hand stitching anywhere on this project!" True, ha! BUT that's the idea I had for this page! So I was browsing through Paige's cut files and I soon decided to go with some simple butterflies that are easy to stitch. My idea was to add an offset to the cut file in Silhouette Studio and then stitch that, then add some patterned paper butterflies inside. But by the time I finished cutting my butterflies it got so late, I didn't want to stitch anymore hahaha! Oh dear. I did stitch on my next layout though, not a whole lot, but it's something :D


Anyway, the cut file I chose for this page is the Butterfly Cluster (Design ID: 252982). I wanted to cut some from the gorgeous foiled acetate sheet and add them as the top layer to every butterfly. I haven't cut acetate with my Cameo in years but I did remember I had used the highest blade setting (10) for it before. So that's what I did now too with double pass...Didn't work. I sent the mat back several times after seeing they didn't cut through, and without me noticing, every time the blade just cut in a slightly different position. Maybe it's to do with the material because this has never happened to me before. Anyway, I started over, and this time I changed the settings to SIX passes, just to be sure. Welllll...I could kind of pop them out but it wasn't easy. I have an old Cameo 2, so maybe the newer versions work better!

There are three butterflies in the ephemera pack so I wanted to use those too. All 3 colors are in the acetate sheet so it was perfect! I went through the papers and selected a few that matched those colors. The dark petrol color is not in the patterned papers, at least not on a big enough surface to cut butterflies from. So basically I went with pinks and yellows. I chose the less busy ones, because I was going to add the acetate on top which is busy enough. I ungrouped the cut file and rearranged the butterflies. I knew I wanted to use two bigger ones for my photos, the rest I cut from patterned papers.


I then layered them up (3 paper layers plus 1 acetate), glued the paper layers together, but only in the middle. I glued them in place on my layout, my photos as well. By the way, the photos I just fussy cut out using the die cut butterflies as templates. Then I added the acetate, one butterfly at a time, and stitched everything down. 


Next, I added my title using the alpha thickers. I also placed some phrase stickers and little heart foam stickers here and there, to add interest to my page. To finish it off, I added my journaling and stamped my date on a tab sticker. I'm obsessed with these by the way. I wouldn't mind if there was a full pack of them in every collection haha!


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way! 
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

X

SUPPLY LIST:

No comments:

Post a Comment