Thursday, June 21, 2018

Adventure - Saying Goodbye to the Just Nick Design Team

Hey there crafty friends,

Today's post is bittersweet for me. I am posting my last layout for the Just Nick Design Team...The year went by so fast, I can't believe it. I guess it's true that the older we get, the faster time flies by. It's been a pleasure to be on this team and I want to thank Nicole for having me! I'm sure our paths will cross somewhere sometime! THANK YOU!

For today's layout I chose the wonderful Compressed Chevron cut file. I'm not sure if I've used this one before to be honest, but I don't think so.


I also looked for a collection that I haven't used in ages, Shimelle's Little by Little. This is my most favorite collection from her to date and I barely used it so it was time!


When I took out the collection, I found this photo and all the fussy cut hearts - then I remembered I was planning to make this layout last year but had no time to finish it, then I completely forgot about it. Well I'm happy it's finally finished!

I took a photo where I have not cropped off the top of the layout so you can see how the balloons hang off the page!


Another funny thing is, there actually is a beautiful chevron patterned paper in the collection! Had I known, I would have sized the cut file in a way the patterned paper fits! Would have been a lot quicker! Instead, I backed the chevrons with different patterned papers, going from yellows through pinks and greens to navy.


I adhered the cut file to the background paper as well as the photo on it. I then started arranging the hearts above the photo and once I was happy with how they looked, I glued them down, then machine stitched over them.


I went through my embellishment stash and pulled out a few that fit the colors of my layout, stickers, puffy stickers, buttons, flair button, clips and more.


Last but not least I added my title, a short journaling and date! Done!


I hope you like this layout as much as I do! This photo makes me smile, balloons and colors make me smile...

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

X