Thursday, June 7, 2018

Card inspiration - DT project for Pinkfresh Studio

Hi guys,

I'm back with my monthly card inspiration post for Pinkfresh Studio!
This time I was focusing on products from the April release and the gorgeous new liquid watercolors. I'm sure you've seen many projects with these and agree how beautiful they are! I'm always so surprised when I'm taking the project photos at just how saturated and bright these watercolors are! Simply beautiful!

I'm sharing 4 cards today, here's my first! I've used the fabulous Aviary stamp set (there's also coordinating dies, but I have not used those on this card) and black Versafine ink to stamp some flowers on a 4.25x5.5" piece of watercolor paper. There's no rhyme or reason, I just wanted to stamp the images around the edges of the card and leave an oval shape in the middle for a sentiment. I then painted the flowers with Bubblegum and the leaves with Key Lime colors. 


Once dry, I added some more Key Lime to the background, using more water as before. I stamped my sentiment, which also comes from the Aviary stamp set. I adhered my card front to an A2 size top folding card base and added some hot pink enamel dots to finish it off.



On my next card I used the Modern Mandala die. First I painted some watercolor paper in different colors, some of which I used on my next cards. I then die cut the mandala from two colors, Sapphire and Aquamarine. I created an A2 size top folding card base and glued down the Aquamarine mandala in the middle. Then I added the Sapphire one on top but turned it a little bit so the bottom die cut is still visible.


I glued some metallic teal thread in the middle and added a sentiment from the Let's Flamingle stamp set. I stamped this on the paper I painted with Aquamarine color and trimmed it down. I used foam adhesive so the sentiment pops up. I splattered gold paint all over my background and added a few aqua-gold crystals.



Next up is my fave die! It's just so very pretty, the Frame with a Swan die! You guys sooo NEED this! I cut this from the watercolor paper I painted in Emerald City color earlier. I again used an A2 size top folding card base and added the same size patterned paper, Awkward, from the A Case of the Blahs collection. I used foam adhesive to pop up this die cut. Before I did this though, I embossed a sentiment on it, using the Aviary stamp set and some white WOW embossing powder.


I added a tassel bow from the Mix Nr 2 collection as well as some enamel dots and crystals from my stash.



Last but not least...A card using the wonderful Hello with Botanicals die set. I die cut Hello and the foliage from some watercolor paper that I painted yellow using the gorgeous Sunshine watercolor. I cut a few leaves from grey card stock too. I made an A2 size top folding card base again, and added a slightly smaller size piece of patterned paper from the A Case of the Blahs collection.


I arranged the letters and leaves in a way I liked them and started gluing things down. Once done I only added a few grey enamel dots.



That's it from me for today! I hope you like these cards and they inspire you to go get crafty!

Have a wonderful day lovelies!

X