Friday, June 15, 2018

Spellbinders Special Moments Collection by Marisa Job - Part 3

Hello crafty friends,

I'm back with you to share my third and final post showcasing the wonderful Special Moments collection by Marisa Job for Spellbinders. If you've missed my previous two posts, you can find them here and here.

Today I'm sharing 3 cards I've made with this collection. As before, I started out by making A2 size  top folding card bases. 

One of my favourites in this collection must be the super duper gorgeous Shapeabilities Laced Flowers Etched Dies . For my first card I die cut these flowers from a purple patterned paper, layered them up using foam adhesive to create just one big, dimensional flower. I added a pink flower button to the middle.


I adhered a 4.24x5.5" size white card stock to the card base, then cut a few strips of patterned papers and glued them down. I actually did paper weaving in the top left corner but then covered it all up with the flower :). I never plan out my cards, which of course would have saved me some time here, since it was completely useless to do the paper weaving ha! Oh well! Next time! Finally, I added a phrase sticker for my sentiment.


For my next card I die cut 3 flowers with the same die as above, plus another 3 using the Shapeabilities Floral Oval Etched Dies. The shape of these flowers is the same so I thought mixing up these two dies would be a great way to create something different. I layered a bigger and a smaller one adding pop dots in between the layers. I added some Nuvo drops for the middles.


I then took one of the circle dies from the Shapeabilities Special Day Frame Etched Dies set and die cut a sentiment from a 12x12 cut apart paper. I again added a white 4.25x5.5" card stock to the card base and the bottom part I covered with a piece of patterned paper. I adhered the circle on top and glued down the flowers too.


I cut some flamingo patterned paper to cover my card base on my third card. I die cut two circles from different patterned papers using the Shapeabilities Special Day Frame Etched Dies. I also die cut a circular Happy Birthday sentiment, which comes in the Shapeabilities Happy Birthday w/Numbers Etched Dies set. I layered up the circles, adding foam adhesive between the biggest and the middle layer. I just love dimension!


I die cut some more flowers, because...well, flowers make everything better, am I right? To finish off this card, I added a few white enamel dots. That's it!


I've loved working with this collection, it's just super pretty! Anything with flowers and I'm good :). I hope you enjoyed the cards I've created and I could inspire you in one way or the other!

I wish you all a wonderful day!

Zsoka

Spellbinders supplies:
  • S4-943 Shapeabilities Happy Birthday w/Numbers Etched Dies Special Moments Collection by Marisa Job
  • S4-945 Shapeabilities Laced Flowers Etched Dies Special Moments Collection by Marisa Job
  • S5-374 Shapeabilities Special Day Frame Etched Dies Special Moments Collection by Marisa Job
  • S5-378 Shapeabilities Floral Oval Etched Dies Special Moments Collection by Marisa Job
Other supplies:
  • patterned paper, phrase sticker, button - Crate Paper
  • Nuvo drops
  • enamel dots
  • twine
  • white heavy weight card stock for card base
  • diecutting machine
  • trimmer
  • liquid adhesive, double sided adhesive, foam adhesive