Saturday, June 23, 2018

Card Inspirations - DT project for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hey there,

I'm stopping by to share couple of cards I've created for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team!
Now, I'm rarely in the mood to do mixed media but I felt like that's the only thing I didn't do on cards on this DT! So I thought I'd do something different now!

I chose two cut files to work with, the Butterfly Background (Design ID: 254134) and the Cross Stitch Heart (Design ID: 242188). 

I created two 5x5" squares in Silhouette Studio so I knew how big my designs should be. Then I cut both of them from white card stock.


Now if I'm honest, it would have been simpler to use a pencil and the sketch function of the Cameo, but I have no idea where my pencil holder is...so I went this way. I used the white card stock cut out as a stencil and simply drew in the butterflies with a pencil. Next, I painted the butterflies with the gorgeous new Pinkfresh Studio liquid water colors. I tried to match the colors to the Turn the Page collection.


Once done, I added a light grey water color wash around the butterflies for contrast as well as some black dots. I created a 5.25x5.25" top folding card base, attached a pink patterned paper in the same size, then glued my water color panel on top. 


To finish off this card, I added a few butterflies I fussy cut from one of the patterned papers in the collection and a sentiment I cut out from a die cut piece.


Oh, there was another reason why I decided to go with mixed media! I just remembered now ha! I bought some storage for my wall and rearranged my RASKOG, which had most of my paints and mixed media supplies in it. While reorganising everything I started feeling guilty for having sooo much stuff I don't use...Hence, mixed media projects ha! 

For my second card I chose Shimmerz Dazzlerz to use with my stencil. I love this color and I had the same in Texturez which I had to throw away because it completely dried out. I was happy this one was still OK! I found a patterned paper in the Turn the Page collection that was pretty much the same color, so I decided to go for a tone on tone look.


Again, I made a 5.25x5.25" top folding card base, adhered a slightly smaller light pink patterned paper on top, then added my mint panel. 


I created two clusters of flowers for which I used some die cut pieces as well as some I fussy cut from one of the floral patterned papers. I glued them down in layers, adding foam adhesive here and there to create dimension. For my sentiment I took apart one of the paper clips...And used the sentiment from that.


That's it! I hope I could inspire you to not shy away from mixed media on cards!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Have a wonderful day!

X

SUPPLIES: 
Turn the Page collection: Paper 1, Paper 8Paper 15, Paper 16Pennant Paper Clips, Ephemera pack