Tuesday, May 28, 2019

When dies meet scrapbook pages - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hey there crafty friends,

I'm back today with two new layouts I've made for Pinkfresh Studio!

If you've been following my work longer, you'll know my obsession with cut files. Well, over the past year it kind of subsided to be honest, I barely use my Cameo anymore. What I use instead every day is my Spellbinders Platinum 6 die cutting machine...I'm not sure what caused this change, since manual die cutting takes much longer? I just can't resist those gorgeous bevelled edges that the Cameo will never give me! So on that note, for today's projects I've used dies instead of cut files! Hope you like them :).

I've used a mixture of the Joyful Day and the Everyday Musings collections on these layouts. For the first one I die cut 5 wreaths from different pink patterned papers, using both dies from the Leafy Wreaths die set


One of them I backed with my black and white photo, another two with white card stock. I used one of these for my journaling. I then went through the embellishments and picked out some I thought would fit my color scheme, as well as my circle design. 


I assembled my background first, I attached some of the ombre striped paper to a white card stock, then added a lace trim where the two papers meet because otherwise it looked unfinished. I glued down the die cut circles and decorated them with some chipboards, die cuts, puffy stickers and stickers. 


On my second layout I used my favorite die set from the last release, the Lacey Edgers. I die cut a bunch of strips from patterned paper and arranged them from lightest to darkest from top to bottom on a light pink textured card stock. I then stitched them down to add some interest and texture.


I added some tissue paper behind my photo and glued it all in place. I embellished my page tone on tone, using a variety of puffy stickers, stickers, die cuts and wooden buttons. I also added a cute fabric banner on my photo.


Last but not least I added some white paint splatters and stamped my date. 


That's it for today! I hope you like these pages and I could inspire you to create your own!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Have an amazing day!

X