Thursday, July 11, 2019

Focus on Eucalyptus Fantasy - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello crafty friends,

I'm stopping by today to share a bunch of new cards I've made for Pinkfresh Studio.

Remember, recently we had a new release with washi tapes, stamps and dies. I didn't have much time to work with all the products then and I really wanted to, so for today's projects I've picked the Eucalyptus Fantasy sets (mostly). There are 3 products that work together:
Here's what I made:


To show you how all these products work together, I decided to do a bit of embossing. I used WOW! Embossing Powder Gold Rich Pale (WC01) embossing powder because this is the same pale gold as the Matte Gold washi tape, which I also used here.

I added some washi tape to white card stock, then die cut a wreath, two borders and a few smaller pieces with the Eucalyptus Fantasy die set. Using the Eucalyptus Fantasy stamp set and embossing powder, I gold heat embossed all these.

I then decided on what color scheme I wanted to go with. To be honest I didn't see a whole lot of options thanks to the green ha! So I just used some gray card stock and patterned papers (Indigo Hills 2 collection). 


To the below card base I added a few Matte Gold Washi Tape strips which I then stitched over with my sewing machine so that they surely stay in place. I embossed my sentiment in the middle, then popped the wreath on foam adhesive, tucked some gold metallic thread behind it and glued it all down in the middle. 


For my last card I fussy cut this hexagon shape - I cut out the middle of it too, only leaving me with a thin frame. I stamped and embossed a sentiment on vellum. I glued the frame on the vellum piece plus placed some gray patterned paper behind it as well, then stitched around it. I added foam tape behind this piece and attached it to my card base. The card base has a gray card stock panel plus a patterned paper piece that I cut smaller using the Simple Edgers die set! There's two leaf clusters in opposite corners on this design - I added some additional leaves for more dimension. To finish off these cards I splattered gold ink here and there and added see-through crystals which remind me of water droplets. I just wish they were smaller!


On my next set I used the Eucalyptus Fantasy stamp set differently because I need color! 


For my card on the left I stamped the wreath in black ink, then colored the leaves with alcohol markers. Simple flat coloring, nothing fancy! I added two strips of Rainbow with Splatters washi tape on the sides of my card front. Some paint splatters, twine and jewels (Essentials Jewels Mix) finish off this card.


For my card on the right I die cut two floral borders using the Rainbow with Splatters washi tape and the recently released Lacy Floral Border die set. I stamped my sentiment in the middle and glued down both borders. For final touches I added black paint splatters, some twine and crystals.


Last but not least I white heat embossed the wreath on watercolor paper, die cut it, and watercolored the leaves. I had these colors on my desk because I used them on another project and loved them so much, I thought I'd color one of these images too. 


Gray card base, a wide strip of navy card stock to which I added my sentiment, two slim white strips, white splatters, twine and the card is done!


I hope I could inspire you to create something with these washi tapes and coordinating stamps and dies!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great day!

X