Thursday, September 19, 2019

Card inspirations - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello there Pinkfresh fans,

Today I have a few new card ideas for you! 
First up this blue duo! To be honest, when the gorgeous Lovely Blossoms stamp set (there's also coordinating dies) was released, I just stamped a million of them in all kinds of colors without a plan in my head. It was obvious I would use them for today's post but I had no idea what colors to go with!


But then blue is one of my most favorite colors and that blue tile paper from the Just a little Lovely collection (6x6 paper pad, 12x12 paper pack both available!) is my absolute favorite, so I just opted for blue. I didn't want to do monochromatic blue or pair it with coral like before though, so I went with orange. It is not my favorite combo, I will be honest. Anyway...I die cut all those lovely mini florals and leaves and played around with different arrangements. I created an A2 size top folding card base and attached patterned paper to the card front. I die cut a smaller white and a larger blue circle and layered them up, adhered them down. I started gluing down the little flowers, some with liquid glue, others with foam adhesive, for a bit of dimension. I die cut my sentiment using the Essentials: Classic Words die set. I added some enamel dots and twine to finish off this card.


Recently I had to make some shaped cards for a company and I loved them so much I decided to make one today as well. For this I've used the Essentials: Braided Tag die set. I first created a card base from heavy weight card stock - for this I partially cut the shape, so the top part didn't cut, then turned around the die and repeated the process on the other side (for the back of the card base). Then I just folded the long oval shape in half and done! I die cut the tag with the braided insert from blue card stock and adhered it to the card base. For sentiment I used a die cut piece from the Just a Little Lovely ephemera pack. I tucked some stamped flowers under it as well as some gold enamel dots. To finish this off, I channelled my inner Ivana Camdzic and added a shabby ribbon at the top. :)


For my next duo I picked out coral and red papers from the Office Hours and the Everyday Musings collections. Both are mounted on A2 size top folding card bases. 


I've used the stunning Modern Bloom standalone die to create a simple floral background. I've cut this from white, light coral and red papers, so that I could add some color to the flowers. I wanted to keep this light and airy so I didn't fill the leaves. Using one of dies from the Basic Label Frames die set and some vellum, I created a spot for my sentiment to sit on. I wanted to use the same red paper for my letters, so I had to tone down that part of the background. However, I didn't want to cover up the beautiful flowers - hence my choice of using vellum. I then die cut the letters with the help of my favorite Kelly Alpha dies ("H" from the Upper Case set, "i" from the Lower Case set), then backed them with white card stock. I adhered the vellum to the card front, then using foam tape, I attached the letters too. A few enamel dots and done!


For my last card I die cut a few scalloped strips in different shades of coral, using the Simple Edgers die set and adhered them at the bottom. I fussy cut out one of the circles from the Dreams paper (Office Hours collection), added some foam tape to it and before gluing it in place, I tucked some stamped flowers behind it. I then die cut Hello (Essentials: Classic Words die set) from red patterned paper as well as from white card stock multiple times, layered them up to create a dimensional word. I glued this down on the circle and added some more flowers around it. Last but not least, I've added some enamel dots and twine.


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you to get crafty! See you next month, possibly with holiday cards, who knows ;P

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day!

X