Wednesday, October 2, 2019

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - October

Hi there crafty peeps,

I'm excited to share my projects with the awesome Spellbinders October Small and Large Die kits with you today!

As a reminder, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
You can find all necessary information about these kits here.

Let's start with the Small Die kit! This month we are starting Christmas crafting! Well, technically I started in June already haha! These dies are so fun! You can make a lady in apron and a bunch of different accessories and things to put in her hands, like presents, pie, Christmas tree... 


I've used a variety of basic Spellbinders dies to create my backgrounds, the Nestabilities Fancy Edged Ovals Etched Dies and the Nestabilities Fancy Edged Rectangles Etched Dies. These are my go to dies on a lot of my Spellbinders cards. I love the dimension and interest they add, and I just can't get tired of them!


I die cut all the little pieces from different patterned papers - I love these kind of projects, especially when they finally come together after all the die cutting hehe! It's like playing dress-up! :) The dies I used for the sentiments on these two cards come with the October Card Kit. I love them so much, the font is so nice!


I had to make a card with the pie too! Especially because I've never had a chance to use that pumpkin embossing folder before. It's not from Spellbinders unfortunately (in fact I have no idea where it's from), but I've found a few that would work for the fall theme! Check out the Cozy Knit Embossing Folder, the Pretty Plaid Embossing Folder, the Changing Seasons Embossing Folder or the Diamond Netting Embossing Folder for instance - they would all work for this season! I'm slightly obsessed with embossing folders hehe!


And then it's all about layering...Very simple! For this last card I've used patterned papers from the lovely Truly Grateful collection by Paige Evans for Pink Paislee.



Moving on to the Large Die Kit...I have a card duo to share with you.


Perfect die set for fall! There's some foliage, flowers, a pumpkin and the word "thanks" - for all your Thanksgiving cards! I used my favorite fall paper collection for these: Pink Paislee's Auburn Lane from last year. 



That's it for today! I hope you liked my projects with these awesome die sets!

Thank you for stopping by!

Have a lovely day!

X