Friday, October 18, 2019

Cards for boys - DT project for Paige Evans

Hello there crafty people,

I'm stopping by today to share a bunch of cards I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team. None of which features flowers...wait whaaaaat?! I'm all for flowers. I mean, I'd always go with flowers on any card, especially when I don't use stamps. When I was a little girl, I got a book from a botanist friend of my parents, called "Zsófi kertje" (Zsófi's garden), because I loved flowers so much (plus she thought the little girl on the cover looked liked me haha). She figured maybe I'd become a botanist myself - a thought that never actually crossed my mind for some reason. In fact, I am so bad with plants it's comical. So I'll just stick to paper flowers that can't die on me :D. BUT lately I've realized I never have cards that my son can give to his friends, so I decided to make a few to have on hand when he needs them.


I've mostly used the Truly Grateful collection plus a few things from Horizon too. I went with a blue-green color scheme because there's plenty of papers and embellies in these colors in both collections. All of my cards are mounted on A2 size top folding card bases, which is my preferred format for my cards. 


I then selected and cut a few of Paige's cut files: Anchor (Design ID: 300203), Llama Alpaca (Design ID: 293591), Today is a Good Day (Design ID: 290292), Star (Design ID: 289468) and Fish Background (Design ID: 299191). I more or less designed the cards in Silhouette Studio already, so that I knew what size the cut files should be. I then backed them all with patterned papers.


The sentiments were a bit tricky and I swear I spent the most time on selecting those! I would have preferred to write Happy Birthday on all of them but I didn't want to use a stamped sentiment so I just went through all embellishments from both collections, multiple times, before I finally settled on these five. I like my sentiments to be meaningful - as in, I want to use something that makes sense when I give the card to someone. I didn't just want to add some random die cut. So you see why this part took me ages haha! But I think most of these will work for birthdays or at least as "just because" friends cards or so.


I was going to back this big Today is a Good Day sentiment but quickly changed my mind when I saw the size once it was cut ha! The thought of cutting al those miniature letters was just too overwhelming! Instead, I cut a bunch of strips of various patterned papers - which I've been loving to do for awhile - and created a colorful background. I then just glued the cut file on top. I added some of the inner pieces too, for interest.



I had to make a llama card because Maxim loooooves llamas. I'm not sure he will be too excited about the bling I put on it but he does have a friend who appreciates everything shiny, glitter etc :D. I used some dies to create my background as well as an embossing folder to add texture to the white paper at the top. This sentiment comes from one of the 2x2 paper pads!


Personally, I love this last card the most. I fell in love with this cut file when Missy used it on her amazing layout a while back and I've been wanting to use it ever since. Fish work for boys cards just fine :). 



That's it! I didn't go into details because I think it's easy to see how these cards were put together. But if you have any questions, just ask below or send me a message, I'm happy to help!

I hope I could inspire you in some small way!
Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!

X

SUPPLY LIST:
Horizon collection: Paper 5Paper 8, Epoxy Stickers