Thursday, October 24, 2019

Non-traditional Christmas cards - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello there Pinkfresh fans,

I'm back today with some non-traditional Christmas cards I've created for Pinkfresh Studio. Do you guys prefer traditional or non-traditional color combos and designs? I'm not very picky, I love them all! I generally don't like red and green together except on Christmas projects. Lately however I replaced green with blue and I'm loving it. I've always loved navy+white clothes (lots of stripes!) with red accessories, so why not try these colors on Christmas cards? What do you think, yay or nay? I won't be offended ha! To each their own right?!


First I stamped my background using the Adore Alpha stamps. I really prefer using a stamping tool but I wanted to stamp "HO" many times randomly and I wanted the two letters always to be lined up the same way. So I had to hand stamp these. Luckily the inks are wonderful and I really wouldn't have needed to double stamp the images. Oh by the way, the inks I've used on all these cards:
You can also buy these in a variety of bundles:

Back to the card. I stamped some details on the lighter letters using a color in a darker shade. I cut off a piece of this panel and glued the bigger part on my white (dry embossed) card front. I added two thin red strips for interest. I then die cut 3 wreaths from white, light and dark blue card stock using the Layered Wreath die set. I layered them up and glued them together. I added some red berries that I had left over from previous projects (I colored these with the Candy Apple ink). To finish off this card, I die cut a sentiment from pink card stock, using the Classic Holiday Words die set (seriously my favorite sentiment die set!) and glued it down in the middle. 


For my next card I dug out an older stamp set, Constellation. I first stamped the image with Sapphire ink, then inked up only the edges of the circle with Stargazer. The colors are soooo gorgeous in person, unfortunately my photos don't do them justice. I was planning to add some die cut wreath to this but they would all have covered up the beautiful dark blue edge, so I had to come up with a different solution! I white heat embossed the sentiment from the lovely new Season's Greetings stamp set and I stamped the wreath from the same stamp set in embossing ink. I was going to white heat emboss this too but again...the dark blue edges would have been covered up plus I really liked the tone on tone look! I die cut this circle and a larger red one - layered these up, using foam tape. I prepared my card base, added a dry embossed, white panel to it as well as two pink strips. I glued the circles on top and added some twine bow as a finishing touch.


For my last card I die cut a white panel with the Geo Star 1 die, and a pink one with the Geo Star 2 die. I also die cut HO HO HO from white card stock using the Adore Alpha die set, then using Berrylicious, Slumber and Stargazer inks and the Adore Alpha stamps I added color to these letters. If you know the Adore Alpha die set, you know it cuts not only the letter but also a super cool outline. I did not want to throw these away! I layered the Geo Star die cuts on my card base. I die cut the letters from heavy weight card stock a bunch of times, so I could create dimensional letters. I then attached both the letters and the outlines in a random way, adding some playfulness to my card. To finish it off, I added some twine at the top.


That's it for today guys! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

X