Friday, November 22, 2019

Belgian waffles are the best - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hello there crafters,

I'm stopping by today to share a new layout I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team, using the awesome Truly Grateful collection!

My Cameo is not working at the moment (ever since the latest software update, go figure) so I had to come up with a layout without a cut file. The obvious choice was using the flower die cut pack, quick and easy! And I haven't used them yet so win win!


I arranged the flowers at the top and the bottom of my page. I used the ones with the white edge for the bottom layer and added a bunch of single blooms with foam tape. Some of these are part of the die cut pack, others are fussy cut from one of the patterned papers. I had these left from a previous project. I'm always happy when I have fussy cut elements ready to go! By the way, should you be interested, I used almost 2 pack of die cuts.


I layered some tissue paper behind my photo and glued it all in place. I tucked some labels behind it too, for some color. Using foam tape, I also added a bunch of word stickers off to the right.


I wanted to add a long title, so I didn't use the alphas from Truly Grateful, since those are big. Instead I went with the foam mini alphas from the Whimsical collection. I love that they are so colorful, the font is simple so it fits everything and the size is perfect! I glued down my title off to the left and wrote my journaling next to it.

I added a few wooden buttons on top of some of the flowers, for texture, dimension and interest. Last but not least, I splattered some white paint on the floral borders. 


That's it! Quick and easy, like I said! I hope I could inspire you to use your flower die cut packs, I know I've been hoarding them!

Thank you for stopping by today!

Have a great day!

X

SUPPLY LIST:
Whimsical collection: Foam Mini Thickers