Wednesday, November 6, 2019

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - November

Hi there crafty peeps,

I'm excited to share my projects with the awesome Spellbinders November Small and Large Die kits with you today!

As a reminder, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
You can find all necessary information about these kits here.

Let's start with the large dies, shall we? This month you have the option to create a Santa, a girl or boy elf and there's also an add-on kit, Santa's Reindeer, that you can combine with these dies to create a reindeer shaped card. That's right, you can actually create shaped cards with these dies but I ended up just adding the die cuts directly onto my A2 size card bases.


First I wanted to go with a non-traditional color scheme but then scratched the idea and just went with the traditional elf colors. I might try some other colors later, these could be a fun addition to my December Daily this year!



I've mixed color card stock with some scrapbook supplies, patterned papers and embellishments mostly from an older My Mind's Eye collection.


Here it is! The reindeer die I mentioned above: Santa's Reindeer. I haven't used the large die kit, just the Add-On kit, which is the reindeer head. The body would be the same as that of the Santa and the elves - if you wanted to create shaped cards!


Isn't this reindeer just adorable? I've used patterned papers from the November card kit - I thought the colors were perfect, especially the brown one with the white dots.


The Small Die kit is called Kaleidoscope Snowflake and you can create different layered snowflakes with it. On the card on the right I actually used the die cuts as single layers and on the card on the left I created a large, layered snowflake.


Papers and sentiment die cuts are from this month's card kit.

I added a bit of watercolor behind the large snowflake and dry embossed the panel. I like to use this polka dot embossing folder on winter/Christmas cards, I think it's a good alternative to a snowflake embossing folder.


It seems like I really like these colors because I found matching buttons in pretty much all of them in my stash haha!


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way! Should you have questions, just leave a comment down below!

Thank you for stopping by!

Have a lovely day!

X