Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Floral cards - DT project for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello there Pinkfresh fans,

I'm back today with some new card inspirations! This time I focused on flowers and using stamps I haven't used before (well, mostly!). 

On today's cards I've used the new Pinkfresh Premium Dye ink pads as watercolor. To do this, I simply stamped some color on my acrylic stamping block and added some water.


I started with the Flower Garden stamp set: I embossed the image with rose gold embossing powder. I then colored in the images using the following colors:


Once the flowers were dry, I loosely painted the background too, using the same green colors as above. I stamped and embossed a sentiment from the Delicate Wreath stamp set on white card stock. I trimmed it down and popped it up on my card. To finish this off, I added some copper twine at the top.

For my next card I created a striped background. I used washi tape to mask off the areas I didn't want  to paint, one stripe at a time. I added water first, then dropped in some color. Once it was dry, I stamped and embossed the wreath from the Delicate Wreath stamp set in rose gold. 

I didn't like the look without any white space in between the stripes plus I don't like when there's just no dimension to my cards. So I decided to try another design before throwing this panel away. I cut some white strips of papers and glued them down in between the colors, to separate them. I didn't mind that this came on top of the embossed wreath because I was going to add a die cut wreath on top anyway. So I embossed another wreath, die cut it, then using 3d adhesive I glued it down on top of the other one, but taking care that it was turned in a different direction, so the bottom wreath could still peek through. Finally, I added an embossed sentiment, some copper twine and a little clothespin (because it was on my desk and I was too lazy to put it back into its box haha!). 


For my third card I stamped a colorful floral pattern using the Lovely Blossoms stamp set and the same ink pads as before. Beside die cutting patterned papers, this is my most favorite thing to do: creating my own patterns with my own color combos. It's so fun!
I didn't want to cover up the stamped background so I kept the rest of the card simple. I die cut two labels with the Essentials Basic Label Frames dies. I layered them up, then added two bronze(ish) eyelets and threaded copper twine through them. I glued down the ends of the twine on the back of this panel. I adhered the whole panel to an A2 top folding card base. 


I painted a piece of paper with Coral Reef, Passion Fruit and Regal Kiss colors and die cut XO from it. Just so I have watercolor on all three cards hehe! I embossed another piece of paper with rose gold embossing powder and die cut the same letters again - I then mixed and matched the two, so that the fill is the watercolor paper, the outline is the embossed one. Last but not least I added a ribbon bow.
 

That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thanks for stopping by, I wish you an awesome day!

X