Friday, February 23, 2018

You - cards for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there,

I'm dropping in to share my latest projects for Fancy Pants!
This time I made a bunch of cards using mainly the Dream Big collection and the Little Things paper from Take Note.

I had just received my package from My Favorite Things with some new stamps and dies, and I really wanted to try some of them. One of the stamp sets is all about YOU, with lots of encouraging sentiments and I thought it goes perfectly with the Dream Big collection, which also has many embellishments with this theme.


First I did all the die cutting. All my panels and card bases are 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches. For some of the cards I used patterned paper for the panel, for others white card stock. The letters for YOU are cut with an alphabet die, and to make them look like thickers, I cut 5 of each letter for every card and glued them on top of each other.

I die cut a window on this panel and to add some interest I layered it on another die cut panel, which is a white card stock with big polka dots. I adhered these two layers on top of a white top folding card base. I glued a die cut bow on this card, added a sentiment and some gorgeous floral ephemera pieces from the Dream Big collection.



Next up is a white on white card. I just love how clean this looks, even though I'm all about patterned paper! I actually was going to back this polka dot panel with patterned paper, but then I saw it on top of the white card base and fell in love! I popped up a die cut circle with some foam adhesive and added a bow, a sentiment and a couple of stars from the ephemera and puffy sticker packs. 



This next card I wanted to keep white and dry emboss it. I just love the added texture! For the flowers I used an old Dear Lizzy die. Gosh, I love paper flowers. Well any flowers for that matter! I adhered a floral wreath die cut from the ephemera pack on top of my circle window, as well as some flowers and a sentiment from the same pack. Some of these I popped up with foam adhesive to add interest.


Another card similar to one I described above, just with a bit different supplies.



As I mentioned above I wanted to back the polka dot panel with patterned paper - this is exactly what I did here. The rest is the same as above, with a few different embellishments.



And last but not least, I have a couple of bonus cards which I created with supplies I had left. These are simpler cards, without bow. As a finishing touch, I added some Nuvo glitter drops on these.



And that's it for today you guys! I hope I could inspire you to create your own handmade cards!

Till next time!

X