Wednesday, February 21, 2018

These are the moments - DT layout for Just Nick

Hi there crafty friends,

I'm back today with a new layout I've created for Just Nick!

This time the Delicate Butterflies cut file spoke to me :). 


As I'm waiting for the new Pinkfresh Studio collections to arrive, I decided to use up some of the old ones! My most favourite collection ever from PFS is Indigo Hills and I haven't scrapped with it in ages so I went with this collection. 


I arranged the cut file in Silhouette Studio the way I wanted it on my layout - I removed the small butterfly at the bottom, then duplicated the cut file and flipped one of them horizontally to get mirror images. I also cut a bigger, single butterfly for the bottom. I used textured white card stock for the cut files. 


I then backed the cut files with different patterned papers, going from light to dark from top to bottom. I layered some tissue paper and tags behind my photo and glued it all down. I glued down the cut files also. I started adding embellishments, as much as I could, I went with a tone-on-tone effect. 


I also picked out some die cuts from the beautiful Escape the Ordinary collection, some butterflies and foliage, plus my title. I wrote my journaling, stamped my date and added some black ink splatters to finish off my page. 


I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thanks for stopping by!

X