Monday, February 19, 2018

Pinkfresh Studio Technique Talk Blog Hop


Hi there crafty friends,

Welcome to our Technique Talk blog hop at Pinkfresh Studio! 

You should have arrived here from the ah-mazing Erum's blog!

The technique I'm sharing today is very simple, but maybe still useful to some of you? I've made this card using the beautiful Lined Floral Background stamp designed by Inna Moreva.





Now, this stamp is 4x6" and I prefer my cards to be 4.25x5.5" so this wouldn't have covered the whole panel. I didn't want to trim off the sides so I thought I'd just use a part of the image. I love circles, so I created a mask from some scrap paper to stamp only a semi-circle. 

For this technique you'll need a stamping tool. At least I can't for the life of me stamp an image in the same position more times...but if you can, by all means give it a go!

Place your stamp on your panel where you want it, then pick it up with your stamping tool.


Now place your mask over your panel. I ended up taping down the card and the mask too to hold them in place securely since my card panel was not much bigger than the stamp, so there wasn't enough space for the magnets. 


Ink up your stamp. 


Now start stamping. Press the life out of that stamping tool :D. This is the image I got after the first stamping - not good. So ink up your stamp again and repeat these steps until you're satisfied with the result.


After the third stamping - looks better, I don't mind imperfect edges, so this is fine for me:


As you see I had smudges on my panel, because the ink bled through the copy paper I used as a mask.   So better use a thicker paper, or create a mask from stencil material to avoid this. Actually, the first card that you see above, I created using a much too thick paper for mask! I was too lazy to look for something thinner, so I must have stamped the image 12 times, in the end I even stood on my stamping platform, haha! It didn't break but be smarter than I was, choose the right paper :).


I will however save this panel too! I already die cut the stamped image and coloured it too - I only need to add it to a card, probably using foam sheet to pop it up!


To colour my card I used distress markers and only added flat colour, no shading. This image has so many lines, I felt this worked best.

I hope you found this little step-by-step helpful!

Now for the fun part! Hop along with us and leave a comment on each participating blog to be eligible to win one of FOUR (!) $25 gift certificates! Just how generous is Pinkfresh Studio?! Comments will close at 11.59pm CST on Monday, February 26th 2018. Winners will be randomly selected and announced on Wednesday, February 28th 2018.


The line-up:

Enjoy and Good Luck!
X