Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Colorful watercolor cards for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello lovelies,

I am back today with some more card inspiration, this time for Pinkfresh Studio. I didn't make these cards at the same time (more like over a month time), but I pulled them together for one blog post because they are pretty similar. 

I love colors. Colors make me happy. I made the Adventure Awaits card first and because I loved these bright colors, I just kept on using them on the other 3 cards too! For all these cards I used a 4.25x5.5" watercolor panel that I then mounted on a same sized card base.

For my first card I picked the super-duper adorable Enjoy the Journey stamp and die sets designed by Irene Chan. I love her designs! The little girl and bunny in the cup image is too cute! However on today's card I decided to only use the balloons from this set. 


I started stamping them - some I masked to give it some dimension. For the same reason I also die cut a couple. Then I masked all balloons and created clouds in the background. I was so glad I still remembered from my baking phase how to achieve this effect ha!


I then colored in my balloons using a mix of distress markers and Prima and Kuretake watercolors. I stamped the sentiment on one of the balloons, popped up a couple with foam adhesive, added a bow and done!


Next up is the cute Birds and Bows stamp set, designed by Matthew Wilson. Gosh, I'll say this a lot, but so adorable! I'm in love with everything in the January stamp and die release!

I stamped the tree branches and the birds first with black ink, then I started working on the little images that I then fussy cut out. I stamped a lot more than what I eventually ended up using, but I wanted to have some different options to try.


I colored in the birds with watercolors. Then I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. The Celebrate sentiment comes from the Sweet Treats set. I added a light blue watercolor wash to the background so the sentiment stands out. 


I started adding the little bows and circles, some with pop dots to create some dimension. I also stamped a couple of poms or whatever those are :).


For my next card I combined images from two stamp sets, Tealightful day and Bird with Flowers, both designed by Lizzie M. I stamped the teacup first then masked it and stamped all the flowers and birds.


Then I stamped my sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder.


I colored the images using watercolors and added some white highlights to them. Last but not least I added a light blue watercolor wash to my background. 


On my last card I used the Fleur 1 stamp set. I stamped the image twice, without any masking, and added a couple of smaller images in the white spaces.


I used watercolors again to color the flowers. As before, I white embossed the sentiment and added a light blue wash of color to the background. 



I hope you like today's inspiration! I'll be back very soon with more!
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a great day!

X