Monday, September 10, 2018

Metallic cards - DT project for WOW! Embossing Powder

Hey there crafty friends,

This month our theme at WOW! Embossing Powder is "Metallics". WOW has sooo many gorgeous metallic powders, it's really hard to choose! I especially love the Metalline line these days. Did you know that we have a Facebook Fan Group, where we host a new challenge every month? You can create something that fits a given month's theme, post it in the designated album on Facebook and you can win some gorgeous WOW products! What are you waiting for?

For this month's Metallics challenge I've created these cards:


I've used the following powders: Metalline Flame, Metalline Himalayan Musk and Metalline Perfect Plum. I love this color combo! You should see these in person, the photo doesn't do these powders justice. The shine!!! Gorgeous. The stamp set I've used is Floral Shadow from Altenew. 

The card I've made for my monthly blog post is this one:


I've made an A2 size top folding card base and adhered a slightly smaller piece of patterned paper on top. Using the Metallic Gold Rich Pale and Copacabana embossing powders, I embossed two pieces of white card stock. I then die cut my flowers. The die set I used here is the beautiful Rose Flurries 3D die set from Altenew. I used some patterned papers and the two embossed sheets I made earlier. I die cut the layers on all flowers from the same papers to achieve a clean and cohesive look.


I also die cut the leaves from two different green patterned papers. I glued all layers together and placed the die cuts on my card front.


I played around with designs and finally settled on this one. I glued down the leaves with liquid glue and added foam adhesive to the back of the roses. I used a bit of metallic gold thread to give a bit of texture and interest to my background, then added the roses on top.


For my sentiment I used a sticker from the new Maggie Holmes / Crate Paper collection, Willow Lane.

I splattered a little bit of black ink on the card for accent.

I hope you like this month's inspiration! Don't forget to check out the Facebook fan group!

Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful day!

X