Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Take Me Away cards - DT project for Paige Evans + Silhouette

Hey there crafty peeps,

I'm stopping by to share my latest cards I've made for the Paige Evans + Silhouette Design Team! 

The collection I chose for today's projects is the super gorgeous Take Me Away from a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of this line left, mainly because back when it came out I didn't make a lot of feminine pages, no cards at all either. So I didn't buy all of it, which of course I regret now terribly! So I was ecstatic when I found a 6x6 paper pad in my stash! I didn't even remember I had it! 


I was drawn to the navy floral paper, I haven't used it before. I have no idea why I didn't buy the 12x12 paper considering navy has always been one of my favorite colors!

Both my cards are mounted on an A2 size top folding card base. For the first one I cut a strip of the navy paper and another one with tiny bows, the two together measure 4.25x5.5". I cut the Poppies (Design ID #271996) cut file from a coral patterned paper. 


I then backed the flowers with a lighter shade of coral patterned paper. For the leaves I used the same navy paper as before. I adhered the flowers to the card front using foam adhesive. I added a cute suede bow, a couple of small fussy cut flowers and a sentiment that also came from the 6x6 pad. 


On my next card I used this adorable floral paper as background. It's very busy so I wanted to keep the rest of the design fairly simple. I cut the Flower Picture Frame (Design ID #267057) cut file from another piece of coral patterned paper and I backed the flowers with a darker shade this time and the leaves with a lighter shade. Using liquid glue, I adhered the frame to my card front. 


I added some tangled gold thread and a chipboard flower to the bottom left and an embroidery hoop with a bow to the top right. This hoop serves as my sentiment. To finish off this card I added some gold ink splatters.


That's it! I hope you like today's projects!

Thanks for stopping by! I wish you a wonderful day!

X

SUPPLIES: Take Me Away collection: 6x6 paper pad, Die Cut Ephemera Pack, Chipboards, Suede Bow