Friday, September 21, 2018

Card Inspiration - DT project for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello crafty friends,

I'm back today with some new cards I've created for Pinkfresh Studio. This month I'm focusing on the A Day in the City stamp and Cityscape die sets. If you don't know these products yet, they are pretty cool! There are two stamp sets that work with the Cityscape die: A Day in the City and Home for the Holidays. That's pretty neat, no?

On my cards today I've only used the A Day in the City stamp though. For the first card I picked the Escape the Ordinary scrapbook collection. I stamped the houses on a grey patterned paper and fussy cut them out. I diecut the background from another patterned paper and mounted it on a white top folding A2 size card base. I also stamped the banner and fussy cut it out. I used foam tape to adhere it in place and a tape runner to glue down the houses.


I fussy cut out some mountains and a moon, chose some stars from the ephemera pack, as well as some puffy sticker and chipboard flowers and added these to my background too. I stamped a part of my title and finished it off with the Adventure puffy sticker that I glued on the banner. Last but not least I cut apart a chipboard to make a roof for one of the houses, just to add a pop of color!


For the second card I went with my previous favorite collection, Indigo Hills (Indigo Hills 2 now took over!). I did the exact same steps as on the previous card, using different patterned papers. This time I stamped some cute clouds and trees too and added them to the background. For the title I used another puffy sticker. I'm so happy that both these collections had the perfect puffy stickers to build a sentiment! I love happy accidents like this!



I made a bonus card too because I've been wanting to use the beautiful Bloom stamp set ever since I got it but haven't got around to do it yet!

I made an A2 size top folding card base and adhered some patterned paper from the Be You collection on top. I stamped and embossed the flowers on vellum, using WOW Bright White regular embossing powder, then die cut them. I also diecut the flowers from coral card stock and attached it to the vellum.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment using WOW Copacabana embossing powder on white card stock. I added some light grey card stock behind it, just to have a little color border around it. I mounted this on the card base with foam tape.


To finish up this card, I added some enamel dots and splattered some ink here and there.

That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Have a great day!

X