Monday, September 10, 2018

Indigo Hills 2 Layout Inspirations - DT projects for Pinkfresh Studio

Hey there crafty friends,

Stopping by to share my very first layouts with the AMAZING Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 collection! Indigo Hills was one of my favorite collections ever, and one that I made the most layouts and cards with to date. However, the addition of plum in the new collection won me over! The colors and patterns are so gorgeous, I'm lost for words. The collection looks even more beautiful in person, the photos just don't do it justice!

For my first layout I had to go with my absolute favorite paper from the collection, Meadow. I've been a sucker for wreaths pretty much since I started scrapbooking in 2015, so of course I'm in love with this one too.


I wanted to incorporate another patterned paper in the background, so I fussy cut out the inside of the wreath, then backed it with the gorgeous Gorge (no pun intended ha!) paper.


I glued down my photo, then layered a lovely chipboard wreath over it. By the way chipboards. There are SOOO many beautiful wreath designs in this pack, you NEED this product for sure. Well, you need the whole collection really, haha!


Since this layout is very simple, I decided to add some machine stitched details around the wreath and over the puffy alpha title - this was actually a practical decision because this is the only way I trust the title will stay there forever!


I added a couple of sentiments, enamel dots, my journaling and date. Done! I've never made a quick layout like this in my life!

For my next page I chose the Ridge paper for background because it has the same squashed hexagon shapes as some of the wood veneers I wanted to use. There are also 3 or so hexa die cuts in the ephemera pack.


I added the die cut shapes on top of the coordinating color shapes on the background, using foam adhesive. I took all wood veneers in matching colors plus added the plum ones too. I glued down my photo and layered a die cut frame over it. I used foam adhesive for these too. I love dimension!


For my title I chose the Love die cut but then I decided to also use the Hooray die cut and the Happy Thoughts puffy sticker so it's hard to tell which is my title I guess, ha! 


I added different sentiments: die cuts, puffy stickers and wood veneers. I wrote my journaling on a journaling spot and stamped my date. In the two corners where the flowers are, I glued down a bunch of smaller embellies, die cuts and puffy stickers.


That's it! Another super fast layout. I'll tell you, I spent the same amount of time on 3 layouts with this collection as I normally spend on one layout! I almost feel guilty that I didn't put in any effort?! 

I also created a layout for our September challenge, which is Scraplifting another DT member's project! Here is my take on Jung's beautiful butterfly layout! We both used the Simple & Sweet collection.


I hope many of you will join the challenge this month, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

That's it from me today! 
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful start to your week!

X