Wednesday, April 10, 2019

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Card Kit of the Month - April

Hello there crafty friends,

Today I'm sharing projects I've made with the gorgeous Spellbinders April Card Kit of the Month!

As I've mentioned before, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
These are all a great value, have a look! You can find all necessary information about these kits here.

Here, a few images of what you get:



Apart from these, you also get envelopes, card bases, pop dots, double sided adhesive, various color card stock, some dies to create an adorable dress (check my cards below!), silver sequins. It's really jam packed!

As for my cards. I've loved working with this kit! It was like playing dress up with my dolls when I was a kid haha! I'm in love with the pretty dress you can make with the dies included in this kit.


It reminds me of the super pretty, feminine dresses in the 50ies - so that's the design I was going for. I created several layers for the skirt, even some tulle! Love! Some of the patterned papers in the 6x6 paper pad are silver foiled and there's also a sheet of silver paper in the kit. These add a fab touch to your projects!



The bow and hanger dies are also a part of the kit! The cuteness! For the ovals I used the Nestabilities Fancy Edged Ovals etched dies. These are truly my most used dies.


There's a beautiful stamp set included in the kit also. You can create 3 different ballerinas with it (as in, 3 different skirts) as shown below. Here I embossed their skirts with WOW! Embossing Powder in Soft Mango.





On these simple cards I only used patterned papers and die cut embellishments. You can put these cards together very quickly!




Last but not least another simple card duo where I kept the colors to a minimum. I love love love this green stripe paper and there are some die cuts in this color too so I simply paired them up. The sage green thread from Fun Stampers Journey fits this paper perfectly!




I hope you've found some inspiration here today! Should you have any questions about what I used or how I made something please leave a comment below!

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a wonderful day!

X