Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Peek-a-boo - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hello friends,

Today I'm sharing a new layout with you that I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team. I've just received the Horizon Project pad and I'm in love with the solid papers, such gorgeous colors! So I wanted to use them on my project, but couldn't decide on the color...So I used a bit of each haha!


My inspiration was a set of cards I made not so long ago (you can check here) and Paper 12, which is also in the Project pad. I cut it apart and used one of the shapes as a template to cut pieces out of the solid papers as well as Paper 3. I layered 3 of them together and stitched them down in the middle.


After much deliberation, I chose white for my background. I wanted to go with patterned paper but I simply loved how the rainbow of colors popped on white. It's what it is. Maybe I'm turning into a white background scrapper, who knows?! Ha! So that my background is not so boring, I made a cut file that is very similar in design to the arrangement of leaves I wanted to go for. I cut it from white card stock...you pretty much can't see it in these pictures :). I just wanted to add a bit of texture, nothing overwhelming.


I then adhered the leaves to the background, as well as my photo. I went through all embellishments in the collection, and pulled out whatever fit the colors or theme of my layout.


I glued down the embellies, tucked some tags behind my photo. Last but not least, I added my title, date and journaling. To finish off this layout I added copper paint splatters.


That's it! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Thank you for stopping by!

X
  

SUPPLY LIST: 
Horizon collection: Project Pad, Paper 3, Paper 12, Ephemera Die Cuts, Epoxy Stickers, Thickers, Stickers, Tags