Friday, April 5, 2019

Adventure - DT layout for Paige Evans

Hey there crafty friends,

I'm back today with a new layout I've created for the Paige Evans Design Team! I've used the brand new, gorgeous Horizon collection which you might not recognise at first because this layout is not as colorful as you might be used to seeing with this collection! It is a super colorful line and what I love about it most is that you can create so many color schemes with it. There are 48 paper designs so there's something for everyone!


My most favorites are the blue papers, so much so, that my first 3 layouts with Horizon all have blue color schemes. For today's layout I paired the blues with pinks. I selected a bunch of pink and blue papers and die cut 3 different foliages from each of them. All 3 dies I used are from Spellbinders/Fun Stampers Journey: the Summer Branch, the Bloom Cluster and the Mystic Fern dies. 


I also used Paige's Chevron Background cut file (Design ID: 257777) to cut a full 12x12" background from textured white card stock. I adhered this to another 12x12" sheet white card stock, but mostly just in the middle, so that I have a more dimensional background. I then cut a big circle from the same white card stock (I went old school, took a plate and used it as a template for my circle, then cut it out with scissors...Quicker than setting up my Cameo!). I glued down the circle in the middle of my page.


I arranged the foliages in a wreath and glued them down. I kept checking with my photo if they are in the right position. Once done, I placed my photo in the middle. I layered some tissue paper behind it and used a piece of foam to give it a lift.


I didn't use a lot of embellishments because I felt like all the die cuts are plenty enough already. So I ended up adding a few chipboard and epoxy stickers, plus a couple of labels for my date and journaling.


That's it! What do you think of this color combo?

I hope I could inspire you in some small way today!

Happy crafting!

X

SUPPLY LIST: