Wednesday, April 3, 2019

In the spotlight: Spellbinders Small and Large Die of the Month kits - April

Hey there friends,

I'm so excited to share my projects with the awesome Spellbinders April Small and Large Die of the Month kits today!

As I've mentioned before, Spellbinders have several monthly kits, which are really great! You can subscribe to:
These are all a great value, have a look! You can find all necessary information about these kits here

I'm in love with both kits this month, especially the Small Die of the Month! It's layering flowers!!! 


I obviously had spring on my mind when I made these two cards! I used the beautiful Paige Evans Horizon collection for the flowers. So many pretty colors!


Both my cards are on a 4.25x5.50" top folding card base. For both of them I used embossing folders from Fun Stampers Journey (part of Spellbinders now!) to create texture. I love both so much! The gorgeous leafy one is called Fiddle Leaf - it looks like lace, doesn't it?! So pretty! The other one is called Love Stripes


I die cut a lot of flowers and leaves from different patterned papers, then assembled them. The one on the left is pretty straightforward, I just created two clusters in two opposite corners. I die cut my sentiment from patterned paper and adhered it to the background. To finish off this card, I splattered some gold ink here and there.


For my other card I made a panel that I first die cut a circle from, using one of the circles from the Nestabilities Celebrations Pierced Circles Etched Dies set. I then embossed this panel using the Love Stripes embossing folder. I adhered this panel to my card base using foam adhesive so that I was able to tuck some flowers between the layers. For my title I die cut Hello from white card stock 4 or 5 times, glued them together to create a chipboard looking sentiment. I glued it down and added gold splatters to this card as well. I tied some twine around the top (I used the beautiful Fresh Sage thread from Fun Stampers Journey, again, available on the Spellbinders website!). Done and done!


The Large Die was a bit trickier... When I first saw the pieces I had no idea what I was looking at haha! Thank God Spellbinders provides some instructions, so I knew I can make gift card holders. Sooo cute! I've never given gift cards to anyone, but from here on out I'm going to make it my mission to do just that, since I now have an adorable way to present them!


For my projects I used patterned papers from Felicity Jane. Loving these colors! I die cut all pieces from several patterned papers, assembled my bags and then decorated them with coordinating strips of papers and cute little tassels that you also get a die for in this kit! I love tassels, do you?


For the packaging peeking out I used vellum. My son said these look like French fries haha! I hope not?!



Here's what you have inside the bag! I think this is a pretty useful die to have! Super easy, lovely packaging within minutes! Well, once you figure out how to make them haha!



That's it from me for today! I hope I could inspire you in some small way!

Have a wonderful day!

X