Monday, April 8, 2019

Pinkfresh Studio April Essentials Release Blog Hop


Hello crafty friends, 

Welcome to the Pinkfresh Studio April Essentials Release Blog Hop! I love love love dies, it's no secret I prefer them over stamps any time, so this release is extra special for me! These new dies are basics that you will be using over and over, but they are all unique too, so not just your basic circles, ovals and rectangles! I hope you'll love them as much as I do!

You should have arrived here from Yoonsun's blog but I'll include the complete blog hop list at the end of this post in case you're lost!

As for my projects...I've created quite a few because I wanted to try all dies of course! Well, I didn't manage in the end but I'll be using those soon for sure. 

All cards in this post are A2 size top folding cards. All patterned papers and embellishments are from the gorgeous Joyful Day collection. I've made and envelope for all of them because I thought the new Classic Edgers would give super pretty details to them. 


On this card below I used one of the Classic Edgers - I die cut various patterned papers and layered them up on my card base. I then took the Thank You sentiment from the Classic Words die set and die cut it 4 or 5 times from white card stock. Glued them together, then attached the dimensional word to my card. Super simple!




On my next card I used the Inverted Stitched Scallop circle die set  to die cut a window from a 4.25x5.5" mustard card stock. I then stamped a bunch of blooms and foliage with the Embroidered Blooms stamp set and glued it down behind the window. You can easily turn this into a shaker card if you like those, just add a piece of acetate and some foam adhesive.


I die cut one of the paper scraps I had left of this sweet floral paper and added it at the bottom of my card. Nothing goes to waste! For the sentiment I used another die from the Classic Words die set and did the same as on the card before. A few enamel dots finish off this card.



On this next card I used another super cool set, the Classic Tags with Fillable Elements. What's special about this set is that in addition to the 3 classic tag shapes, you also have many small pieces you can fill the tags with to create unique patterns each time! Here I used the inserts to create continuous patterns big enough for cards! Yes you can totally line them up and it's not even difficult!


Here I die cut a border from white card stock and adhered this layer to the card base. I then die cut the same pattern from patterned paper too which I backed with purple card stock and glued it down at the bottom of the card base. 


I added a thin strip of mustard card stock for accent. Another die cut sentiment from the Classic Words die set and a few embellies finish off this card. 


On my next card I created several layers with various techniques. Let's see if I remember hehe! First I die cut the edges of a white panel with one of the Classic Edgers and at the same time I also used the Inverted Stitched Scallop circle die set  to die cut a window in the middle. I then embossed this white piece to add some texture (polka dots).


I had an extra piece of the patterned paper die cut I used for my previous card and I didn't want to throw it away...I backed it with a mustard card stock and glued it behind the scallop window. I die cut another white scallop window, this time however, I also used the outline circle die, so the scallop piece was completely cut out. I adhered this on top of the other scallop. I did this because I didn't want embossing on this part, so I covered that up. 


I added a thin purple circle around the scallop for some interest. I die cut my sentiment from the same purple card stock. Again, this is from the Classic Words die set. Done!


Next up, some more cards with the lovely Inverted Stitched Scallop circle die set . Yeah I love this set if you couldn't tell hehe!


On this first one I used the smaller scallop to die cut several little windows from a patterned paper panel. That's right, there are 2 different sizes of the same scallop in this set! With outlines too, so you can actually die cut simple circles as well - it's another versatile set! 


Again, you can easily turn this into a shaker but I decided to just add patterned paper in the back. A few puffy stickers and a sentiment, the card is done!


On my next card I did create a shaker window finally! But instead of raising the whole card front to hide the window behind it, I die cut the scallop circle multiple times and layered it up to create my shaker element.


I backed this circle with some patterned paper but before I did this, I placed some sequins inside the shaker. I then adhered this element to the card front. Die cut sentiment, done!


On my last two cards for today I went with the beautiful Braided Ovals die set. I love ovals and use them very often as a layering piece on my cards, so I was very happy when I saw these dies!


I embossed a white card stock panel to add texture in the background, and adhered it to my card base. I then die cut the bigger oval from patterned paper, glued it in the middle of the card front. Next I added a piece of green patterned paper, a red chipboard frame, a die cut wreath and bow from the ephemera pack. Phew, layers upon layers!


To finish off this card, I added a die cut sentiment again. This time I die cut the sentiment a bunch of times and layered them up for a dimensional element. I adhered it on top of the wreath.


My last card has a patterned paper base, a bigger and a smaller oval added in the middle. A die cut wreath and flowers from the ephemera pack embellish my card. I also added some puffy sticker leaves. 


Last but not least a sentiment! You see how many word dies there are in that one pack?! Fabulous! 


Phew, congratulations if you made it through my post haha!

Now for the fun part! 

Giveaways:

1. Pinkfresh Studio is giving away the full Essentials release on the Pinkfresh blog and Instagram as well!

2. On each blog we are giving away a $25 gift certificate too!



As always, the winners will be selected from the comments left on all blog posts. Winners will be announced on April 14, 2019 on the Pinkfresh Studio Giveaway Page. You must claim your prize within 2 weeks so don't forget to go check the above page! Comment away! Good luck!

Shopping Promo:
There's two shopping promos during the release:

  • Get a free House die with ANY purchase! No code necessary, this die will automatically be added to your shopping cart.

  • Pinkfresh Studio is also offering free/discounted shipping from April 8-11 on orders $50+. You just need to use code APRESSFREESHIP50. Shipping in the US is free, and there's $5.50 off on  international shipping.

That's it! Enjoy hopping along! Thank you for stopping by!

X



BLOG HOP LIST:
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter