Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Card Inspirations - DT project for Pinkfresh Studio

Hello there lovely peeps,

I'm stopping by to share my newest cards for Pinkfresh Studio.

All these cards are top folding A2 size. For my first two sets of cards I chose one of my most favorite stamp sets from Pinkfresh Studio, Playful Animal Friends 1. Aren't these critters just adorable?! I also wanted to use some of the dies I haven't used yet from the Essentials collection (pretty much all the rectangles). On these first two cards I've used 3 sets of rectangles: Pretty Frames die set, Diagonal Stitched Rectangles die set and the Stitched Rectangles set. I also used the lovely Adore Alpha die set to create my titles.


As luck would have it, a few days after I made these cards, Jennifer McGuire posted a video of the same technique, using the same alpha dies. So instead of writing down how I created these, I'll link to Jennifer's video



On my next cards I used the same Playful Animal Friends 1 stamp set again, as well as the Pretty Frames die set. This time I went with a monochromatic color scheme. You could actually create these two cards from one stamped panel but I didn't think of this when I made the cards, so first I only stamped a smaller piece that was enough for the big label.


I die cut the label from the stamped paper as well as some white card stock so I could add a white outline. I dry embossed some blue card stock, and added a white frame to it (also part of the Pretty Frames die set.) I actually die cut this frame 3 times and layered them up to add more dimension to this simple card. I adhered this panel to my card base and using foam adhesive I attached the label in the middle, adding some teal metallic thread behind it. Last but not least, I tied some twine around the top.


For the other card I stamped a full background which I adhered to my card base. I die cut a label from blue and white card stocks, then glued them on a card stock and fussy cut around the outline. I dry embossed the label and using some foam tape I adhered it down on the card base. I embossed a piece of card stock with WOW! Embossing Powder in Mint Macaroon and die cut my sentiment from it. This word die comes from the Essentials Classic Words die set. I cut the sentiment from white card stock a bunch of times and glued them together. To finish off this card I added a twine bow.


My last card for today is using the Essentials Classic Tags with Fillable Elements die set and patterned papers from the beautiful Everyday Musings collection.


I die cut a a tag with one of the fillable elements from 3 different papers so I could add different colors to those tiny hearts and dots. I created my background: I layered 3 papers on the card base.


Once done, I adhered everything down. For the tag I used some foam adhesive so that it stands out better. I die cut a sentiment using the same Essentials Classic Words die set once again. To finish off this card, I added a bow on top.


That's it for today! I hope I could inspire you in a small way!

Have an awesome day! 

X