Monday, August 10, 2015

My Scraps & More Sketch #111 - (1) Balloon Girl

When I saw the new sketch on the My Scraps and More blog I got so excited I made two layouts right away :). I love this sketch, I can think of so many interpretations!
This past weekend I was working on some special layouts. A colleague of mine asked me to make a couple for her so she can give them to her grandkids when they come this week. I was so excited because they are two beautiful little girls! I only have a son so I only ever get to do boys' layouts! Finally I can use pink yey! Happiness. I really enjoyed this project! Also, the photos I received were absolutely gorgeous. Just when I was stuck with ideas as to what layouts to choose (too many on my mind!) I saw the sketch posted on MSAM and I loved it so much! Right on time!

I have a huge stash of flowers for someone that doesn't really use flowers on layouts, because they are just a bit too girly. I did use some on one layout earlier but my son was only 3 at the time the photo was taken, so flowers were still acceptable :). I pretty much only have green/blue/brown flowers though! So now that I could have gone for a pink layout what do I go for? That's right, blue! But that's OK because in this very picture the little girl is holding blue balloons...
For the background I used the packaging technique I've seen the amazing Missy Whidden do so many times. I actually was planning to have a 4cm wide white strip on either side but I was not able to control the paint on the right side as much as I wanted :). I don't know if this happens to you but I only noticed I didn't like the outcome after the whole layout was ready and I saw the photo...So after thinking for awhile I decided to simply remove the sequins, cut off the sides and reassemble all of it on a backgorund paper. It's one of my favourite papers, lime green and white stripes. I'm not sure why but the photos here on my laptop have a totally different color than on my phone and in reality :(. They are so vibrant in real! Then I've added some machine stitching to add some interest. For the title I've used some white canvas thicker alphas that I've embossed so it fits my color scheme! Oh, and I had to do the journaling in Polish because they are Polish...A language I do not speak, so I can only hope I have not misspelt anything :). Hope you like how it all turned out. Thanks for checking! x