Sunday, August 7, 2016

Best ever - DT layout for Scrap Our Stash

Hey there friends,

I'm back today with a layout for the book inspired stash challenge at Scrap Our Stash!
Here is this month's challenge for your reference:


When I saw the book cover it was kind of obvious I would go with the travel theme. The picture was a no brainer because I had actually had it lying around on my desk for about a year (ha!)...It's one of my favourite photos from our Maldives holiday from many many years ago. I also knew I had several map papers in my stash but I didn't even look for them because I just received my Fancy Pants warehouse box full of awesome goodies and there were several papers from the As You Wish line, including this gorgeous map paper. I mean the pinks in it, right?!  Totally matched my bikinis ha! Then I took a cut file from The Cut Shoppe and replicated it in several different sizes and welded them all together. I cut this from another paper from the same FP collection and backed it with white vellum so that the background faded out a little. I raised the whole file with the help of pop dots so it stands out. I cut my photo in a circle shape and placed it over one of the circles. I added all sorts of embellies to my compasses: bradz, wood veneer arrows, cork bow, some sentiments and I also added two cute clips. I love the flamingo!!! For my title I found a big wood veneer piece which I embossed with gold and popped it up.





I hope you like how it turned out and inspired you to play along with us for some great scrappy prize! Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day! X